- This event has passed.
NubAbility All Sport Camp
July 14, 2016 - July 17, 2016
Crossroads is honored to be supporting the strength and conditioning portions of NubAbility’s 2016 All Sport Camp
Camp is open to kids ages 4-17 with limb differences. All limb-differences, as long at the youth is self-mobile and desires to compete in mainstreamed sport are accepted. We are not able to coach those who primarily use wheelchairs for mobility except in a rare case of wrestling. Please contact us for further inquiry about this if needed.
Thursday July 14th:
- Golf: Red Hawk Country Club 6204 IL-HWY 154 Tamaroa, IL 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Swimming: DuQuoin Municipal Swimming Pool 640 W. Park St. DuQuoin, IL 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- Archery & Fishing & Top Shot Shooting Expo by Hunter Cayll: MorMad Lodging and Farms Shooting Range 1600 Holly Road DuQuoin, IL 3:00 p.m.
- Launch Party & Fishing: DuQuoin State Fair Grounds, Exposition Hall, Ashemore Pavillion, State Hwy 51 S. DuQuoin IL 6:00 p.m. Food provided by Tracy Fenton’s Custom BBQ and Porter Fare Foods. Entertainment provided by We Got It Covered, and Chris Slone Band
Friday July 15th:
- Golf & Swimming the same as on Thursday.
- Opening Ceremonies 1 p.m. DuQuoin High School Gymnasium 500 E. South Street, DuQuoin, IL Ages 4-9 are dismissed at 7:00 p.m. Older kids stay until 9:00 p.m.
- There will be an Outdoor Movie Night Fundraiser for NubAbility held at Walker’s Bluff. The movie will be themed for us and we encourage our families of youngsters to attend, relax & unwind. Walker’s Bluff is located about 30 minutes south of our camp venue.
- Football, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, Soccer, Swimming, Tumbling/Cheer, Grappling, Dance, Volleyball, Hoops along with Bully Proof Self-Defense, Strong Sessions & Fuel will be offered the next 3 days.
Saturday July 16th:
- Camp 9:00 a.m.-6:30 pm for ages 4-9 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. for ages 10-17
- By Jack 5K with $5 of each registration benefitting NubAbility. DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. More information coming soon.
- Possible Swimming Party at the DuQuoin Municipal Pool 8:00 pm. Details TBA.
Sunday July 17:
- DHS 9:30 Super Story Hour, DHS Auditorium. Coach Sam Kuhnert will deliver his testimony of Christian faith and deliverance in sport and in life. He will be joined by 2 other NubAbility Coaches who will tell their faith story in sport. Optional Event.
- DHS 10:30 Final Focus Sport Sessions. Individualized take home plans are given at this session. DON’T SKIP IT!
- PARADE OF CHAMPIONS, Closing & Awards Ceremonies: 1:00 p.m.
- Dismissal & Go Get’ems at 2:00 p.m.
ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED. EMAIL NUBCAMP@GMAIL.COM THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD & 1-2 PARENT/GUARDIANS:
- Full name of child & parents
- DOB of Child
- Complete contact information including: Mailing, email, cell for all registering.
- Limb-difference of child.
- Athletic experiences? Sport/Level (not required for admission)
- Preferred focus sport? Secondary sport?